To ensure compliance with the GDPR, we have incorporated the following practices and procedures:
(a) We verify that the third parties with which we share User information are GDPR compliant;
(b) We ensure that data is stored in a manner that facilitates our ability to locate and delete information pertaining to a specific user upon request;
(e) If we modify any of the terms of this policy, we inform all of our Users via email and specifically ask EU Users to agree to the modified terms via e-mail.
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. CONTROLLER, DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Should a Bucher Municipal company or affiliate disclose personal data to another Bucher Municipal company or affiliate for certain purposes of the receiving company or affiliate, such company or affil-iate is the controller according to article 4 (7) GDPR.
Bucher Municipal has not appointed a data protection officer according to article 37 GDPR. Further-more, any inquiry, claim or concern regarding data protection at Bucher Municipal can be addressed to the following contact person in case no specific contact is listed in Section II: Division Data Protection Coordinator of Bucher Municipal (email@example.com).
The representative of companies and affiliates of Bucher Municipal domiciled outside of the EU or EEA respectively (article 27 GDPR) is Bucher Municipal GmbH.
2. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
(i) What is Personal Data? The term personal data shall include all information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. In some cases, we may ask (or require) you to provide us with some elements of Personal Data (such as your email address) when you submit an online enquiry on our contact forms, sign up for our newsletters, or use our Intranet/Extranet. In other cases, you may provide certain types of Personal Data to us (and other users) when you use any of the previously mentioned.
(ii) When and How do we collect it? We collect Personal Data from Users when they submit an online enquiry on our contact forms, sign up for our newsletters, or use our Intranet/Extranet.
(iii) How do we use Personal Data? We might use Personal Data for our own marketing or advertising purposes. We use your email and password to enable you to log in to our Intranet/Extranet. We also use your email address to send you newsletters and reply to the online enquires you submitted in our website.
Bucher Municipal collects and processes personal data of
• users of its WEBSITES registered with Bucher Municipal;
• individuals and legal entities purchasing and receiving/benefitting from products and services of Bucher Municipal;
• potential or actual parties interested in products and services of Bucher Municipal;
• recipients of newsletters of Bucher Municipal;
• participants in research campaigns and opinion surveys conducted by Bucher Municipal;
• participants in courses, seminars and other training organized by Bucher Municipal; and
• users of WIFI provided at Bucher Municipal offices and other locations.
The personal data of CUSTOMERS is generally collected directly during the course of using the WEB-SITE, at events of Bucher Municipal or in direct communication via email, telephone or otherwise. How-ever, personal data can also be collected indirectly, in particular through further acquisition of supple-mentary information from third party data sources (e.g. social media, address brokers).
In particular, the following categories of personal data are processed by Bucher Municipal:
• Data related to individuals including but is not limited to first and last name, maiden name, address, residence, telephone number, email address, date of birth, gender, marital status, relatives, contact in case of emergency, pictures, etc.;
• Data in connection with product and services marketing including but is not limited to in-formation such as newsletter opt-ins and opt-outs, documents received, invitations to and participations at events and special activities, personal preferences and interests, etc.;
• Data concerning the use of the WEBSITE including but is not limited to the IP address and other identification (e.g. user name of social media, MAC address of smartphones or comput-ers, cookies), date and time of WEBSITE visits, visited sites and contents, referring websites, etc.
• Data in connection with communication such as preferred means of communication, corre-spondence and communication with Bucher Municipal (including records of the communication), etc.;
(together CUSTOMER DATA).
In addition, Bucher Municipal collect and process the following personal data:
• Data of users of the WEBSITE, who do not register with Bucher Municipal (VISITOR) but may constitute personal data for example with social media (VISITOR DATA), the provisions of this policy regarding data collected from a CUSTOMER in connection with the use of the WEBSITE shall apply accordingly even though the identification of a VISITOR usually is not possible for Bucher Municipal;
• Information pertaining to employees and contacts of their dealers, suppliers and further business partners (hereinafter natural persons shall be referred to as PARTNERS their data as PARTNER DATA) such as in particular contact details, information regarding their function, information relating to the previous contact with these individuals, data regarding marketing ac-tivities (e.g. receipt of newsletters), information regarding business transactions, requests, of-fers, tenders, conditions and contracts, information related to professional or other interests of the individuals, etc.
Within the framework of their business relationship, CUSTOMERS will be required to provide CUS-TOMER DATA necessary for the establishment and execution of the contractual relationship and the fulfilment of the associated contractual obligations or required by law. Without this data, Bucher Municipal will generally not be able to conclude or execute the contract with the respective CUSTOMER. This also applies analogously to PARTNERS and PARTNER DATA. As any access to the WEBSITE is logged, connection data (such as the IP address) will always be logged; this is done automatically during use and cannot be deactivated for individual VISITORS, PARTNERS or CUS-TOMERS.
3. PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
In accordance with applicable law, Bucher Municipal may process CUSTOMER DATA in particular for, but not limited to, the following purposes:
• In connection with services offered, conclusions of contracts (in particular purchases), execu-tions of contracts (in particular purchase contracts and contracts regarding the participation at customer programs and events), maintenance and development of customer relations, commu-nication, customer service and support, promotions, advertisement and marketing (including newsletters and mailing of promotional materials);
• management of the users of the WEBSITE and other activities in which CUSTOMERS partici-pate, operation and enhancement of the WEBSITE (including the provision of functions which require identifiers or other personal data) and further IT systems, identity verifications;
• protection of CUSTOMERS, employees and other individuals and protection of data, secrets and assets of and entrusted to Bucher Municipal, safety of systems and premises of Bucher Municipal;
• compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal rules of Bucher Municipal, en-forcement and exploitation of legal rights and claims, defense against legal claims, litigation, complaints, combating abusive conduct, engaging in legal investigations and proceedings and responding to inquiries of public authorities;
• sale or acquisitions of business divisions, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transactions and the transfer of CUSTOMER DATA associated therewith; and
• for other purposes as far as a legal obligation requires processing and such processing was evident from the circumstances or indicated at the time of the collection.
(together the PURPOSE OF CUSTOMER DATA PROCESSING).
Bucher Municipal uses the CUSTOMER DATA for the PURPOSE OF CUSTOMER DATA PROCESSING based on the following legal grounds:
• performance of contracts;
• compliance with legal obligations of Bucher Municipal;
• consent of the CUSTOMERS (only insofar as the processing is based on a specific query and can be withdrawn at any time, in particular the receipt of newsletters for which the client has registered for); and/or
• legitimate interests of Bucher Municipal, including but not limited to
o purchase and shipment of products and services, also in connection with individuals who are not direct contractual partners (such as e.g. individuals receiving a gift);
o carrying out advertisement and marketing activities;
o efficient and effective customer support, maintenance of contact and other communication with CUSTOMERS outside of the processing of contracts;
o understanding customer behavior, activities, concerns and needs, market studies;
o efficient and effective improvement of existing products and services and development of new products and services;
o efficient and effective protection of customers, employees and other individuals as well as protection of data, secrets and assets of or entrusted to Bucher Municipal, safety of systems and premises of Bucher Municipal;
o maintenance and secure, efficient and effective organization of business operations in-cluding a secure, efficient and effective operation and successful further development of the WEBSITE and other IT systems;
o reasonable corporate governance and development;
o successful sale and acquisition of business units, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transactions;
o compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal rules of Bucher Munici-pal;
o concerns regarding the prevention of fraud, offences and crimes as well as investigation in connection with such offences and other improper conduct, handling of claims and actions against Bucher Municipal, cooperation in legal proceedings and with public authorities as well as the prosecution, exercise of and defense against legal actions.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Bucher Municipal may in particular process VISI-TOR DATA for the purpose of maintaining and developing the WEBSITE (including the provision of functions which require identifiers or other personal data), for statistical analysis regarding the use of the WEBSITE as well as for combating abusive conduct, for purposes of legal investigations or proceedings and for the response to inquiries of public authorities. The VISITOR DATA shall be processed in accordance with the principles set out for CUSTOMER DATA above.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Bucher Municipal may process PARTNER DATA in particular for the purpose of entering into and performance of contracts and other business relationships with PARTNERS, promotions, advertisement and marketing, communication, invitation to events and participation in promotions for PARTNERS, organization of joint activities, compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and internal rules of Bucher Municipal, enforcement and exploitation of legal rights and claims, defense against legal claims, litigation, complaints, combating abusive conduct, engaging in legal investigations and proceedings and responding to inquiries of public authorities, for the sale or acquisition of business units, companies or parts of companies and other corporate transaction and related transfers of PARTNER DATA. The PARTNER DATA shall be processed in accordance with the principles set out for CUSTOMER DATA above.
All the purposes of processing shall be applicable for Bucher Municipal, i.e. not only for the company or affiliate of Bucher Municipal which initially collected the personal data. Personal data of CUSTOMERS, VISITORS and PARTNERS is collected for the purpose of all Bucher Municipal com-panies..
4. DISCLOSURE OF DATA AND TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, Bucher Municipal may disclose CUSTOMER DATA, VISITOR DATA and PARTNER DATA, with your prior consent, to the following categories of third par-ties who process PERSONAL DATA in accordance with the purposes set out above on behalf of Bucher Municipal or for their own purposes:
• Service Providers (within Bucher Municipal as well as external), including processors: We utilize the following third-party service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf, and must share certain information (including Personal Data) with them in order for them to do so. How-ever, the information that is shared is limited to that which is necessary to perform their specific functions:
(ii) (ii) Mailchimp provides us with email distribution services (click here to view their priva-cy policy);
• Law Enforcement: If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regula-tors, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose your Personal Data to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• dealers, suppliers and other business partners;
• customers of Bucher Municipal;
• local, national and foreign authorities;
• the public including visitors of websites and social media of Bucher Municipal;
• industry organizations, associations, organizations and other committees;
• acquirers or parties interested in acquiring business units, companies or other parts of Bucher Municipal;
• other parties in potential or actual legal proceedings;
• companies of Bucher Municipal
• companies of the Bucher Industries Group
• Other Third Parties: We may reserve and have the right to disclose any information about you or your use of our Website without your prior permission, if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company or its affiliates, other Users of the Website or the public.
(together THIRD PARTIES).
Bucher Municipal may disclose CUSTOMER DATA, VISITOR DATA and PARTNER DATA within Bucher Municipal as well as to third parties and in every country worldwide, including in particular all countries in which Bucher Municipal is represented by companies, affiliates or other offices and representatives, as well as to countries in which service providers of Bucher Municipal process its data. If data is disclosed to countries that do not guarantee adequate protection, Bucher Municipal will ensure adequate protection of data disclosed by CUSTOMERS, VISITORS or PARTNERS by way of putting adequate contractual guarantees in place, in particular on the basis of EU model clauses, binding cor-porate rules or it bases the transfer on the exceptions of consent, conclusion or performance of con-tract, the determination, exercise or enforcement of legal claims, overriding public interests or it discloses the data in order to protect the integrity of these individuals. The CUSTOMER, VISITOR or PARTNER can obtain a copy of the contractual guarantees from or will be advised where to obtain such copies by the respective controller. Bucher Municipal reserve the right to redact such copies for reasons of data protection or secrecy reasons.
5. STORE OF DATA
As a rule, Bucher Municipal retains contract related CUSTOMER DATA, VISITOR DATA and PARTNER DATA as long as the contractual relation is ongoing or it has an interest in them (in particular an interest for reasons of proof in case of claims, documentation of compliance with certain legal or other requirements, operational reasons) or it is obligated to do so (by way of contract, law or other provi-sions). Deviating legal obligations are reserved in particular with respect to anonymization or pseudon-ymization.
We may also choose to anonymize certain elements of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time. You may also re-quest that we delete your information in the manner described in Section 9.
6. GENERAL INFORMATION
General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. This includes your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and the URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting our website. This information gives us insights on how our users use our site and our other products. We collect this information by using “cookies”, which are small bits of computer code that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive via a web browser, which enable us to record the general information described above. We use this information to ensure that our Website continues to appeal to our Users
7. COOKIES, GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL PLUG-INS
In accordance with applicable law, Bucher Municipal may install coding in newsletters and other market-ing email which allow it to determine if the recipient has opened an email or downloaded pictures con-tained in the email. However, the recipient may block this application in his/her email application. In any case the recipient consents to the application of this technology by way of receiving newsletters on other marketing related emails.
Should Bucher Municipal place advertisement of third parties on the WEBSITE (e.g. banners) or intend to place an own ad on the website of a third party, cookies from companies specializing in the use of such advertisement may be employed. Bucher Municipal will not disclose personal data to such companies, i.e. they shall only place a permanent cookie with users of the WEBSITE in order to recognize users and do so in the sole interest of Bucher Municipal. This allows Bucher Municipal to place aimed advertisements for these individuals on external websites (e.g. in connection with products for which these individuals showed an interest in the online-shop). Bucher Municipal will not disclose personal data to the operators of external websites either.
Bucher Municipal may use Google Analytics or similar services on its WEBSITE. These applications are third party services which allow Bucher Municipal to measure and analyze the use of its WEBSITE. The provider of these services may be located in any country worldwide (in the case of Google Analytics which is operated by Google Inc. it is the U.S., www.google.com). The service provider uses permanent cookies for these applications. Bucher Municipal will not disclose any personal data to the service pro-vider (who will also not save any IP addresses). The service provider may, however, monitor the use of the WEBSITE by the user and combine this data with data from other websites monitored by the same service provider which the user has visited and the servicer may use these findings for its own benefits (e.g. control of advertisement). The service provider knows the identity of the user who has registered with the service provider. In this case the processing of personal data will be the service provider's responsibility and data shall be processed according to the data protection policies of the service provider. The service provider will provide data on the use of the WEBSITE to Bucher Municipal.
In addition, Bucher Municipal may use plug-ins from social media networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, on its WEBSITE. In the default setting of the WEBSITE plug-ins are deactivated; the user can thus choose when to activate them. Should the user do so, the social media providers are able to establish a direct connection to the user during his visit on the WEBSITE, which allows the provider to be aware of the user's visit and may analyze the respective information. The subsequent processing of the personal data will be conducted in the responsibility of the provider and according to his data protection policies. The provider of the respective social media offering will not disclose any information to Bucher Municipal.
8. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We take the security of all the information we collect from and about our Users seriously and use ap-propriate technical and organizational measures to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful access and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to User information to employees who reasonably need access to it in order to do their jobs. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to log off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
9. RIGHTS OF THE CUSTOMER, VISITORS AND PARTNERS
Any affected individual subject to the GDPR, including any CUSTOMER, VISITOR and PARTNER, may request information from Bucher Municipal as to whether data concerning them is being processed. In addition, such affected individuals have the right to request the correction, destruction or restriction of personal data regarding them as well as to object to the processing of personal data. Should the pro-cessing of personal data be based on consent, such affected individuals may withdraw consent at any time. In certain cases, such affected individuals have the right to obtain data generated during the use of online services in a structured, common and machine-readable format which allows for further use and transfer. Request in this respect shall be submitted to the contact person (see para. 1). Affected individuals not subject to the GDPR may have similar rights under applicable data protection laws. Bucher Municipal reserves the right to restrict the rights of any affected individual in accordance with applicable law and e.g. not to disclose comprehensive information or not to delete data.
Should Bucher Municipal make an automated decision with respect to a certain individual which may have a legal effect for the affected individual or seriously affect her in a similar way, the affected individual shall have, in accordance with applicable law, the right to communicate with a controller of Bucher Municipal and to request a reconsideration of the decision or to request the prior evaluation by the controller. In this case the affected individual might no longer be able to use certain automated services. The individual will be informed thereof subsequently or separately in advance.
Any affected individual may also raise a complaint with the competent data protection authority of the respective country.
10. CHANGES TO THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY
II. Specific Provisions
The following provisions shall supplement the general provisions set out in Section I above for certain activities of Bucher Municipal. In the event there is any inconsistency, the following provisions shall prevail the general provisions set out in Section I.
1. NEWSLETTER AND BANNER ADVERTISEMENT
Bucher Municipal may send newsletters or other commercial communications in connection with its products and services to CUSTOMERS and PARTNERS with their prior consent. However, the respec-tive customers and business partners may object to a further mailing of newsletters or other commercial communications at any time through their account on the respective WEBSITE or through the link indicated in every mailing.
It is possible that personalized advertisement is placed during the visit on the WEBSITE. Every banner advertisement displayed to the CUSTOMER contains products offered on the WEBSITE which have previously been looked at by the customer. The advertisement is generated by Bucher Municipal by the means of cookies (see Section I para. 6 above).
Last update: 23.05.2018